Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Today, July 16th, is the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

I am enrolled, but have not had a scapular for a long time, so this is a good reminder for me to get one.

I know it's good to wear the scapular, but I know very little otherwise, about Carmel. I need to learn more, and it looks like the Wikipedia page is pretty good, at least they have some bibliographical resources to look up, which I must do soon, but it's almost time to get out of here for today.

This article also looks pretty good, written by a Carmelite. I found it on the Wikipedia page, but have not yet read it myself. I just had to include something regarding whose feast it is today.

Yesterday, I was wondering why I have no statues of the Blessed Mother. I had a very sad day, and was praying at my relative's room, but I realized it would have been so much better to have had a statue of Our Lady, or Our Lord,or any of many saints,of course.

Because I love worshipping statues, as we Catholics all do, right?

God bless. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work. 

Pray.

Don't Worry.

~~~~ St. Padre Pio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.