Friday, June 3, 2016

First Friday of June, the month of the Sacred Heart, and the Devotion to the Sacred Heart.

Today is Friday, June third.

It is the first Friday of the month. The First Friday Devotion is to honor the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

The month of June is also dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Those of us who are fortunate enough to receive an SSDI (disability) check, have received our second check of the month today. The big one.

The first, smaller check, comes on the first of the month, or on the last business day of the previous month.

Daily Mass will be starting, in a few minutes, at my parish, which is right across the street. It is a little scary crossing that highway to the church, because it is one of the main arteries out of town for many folks who have desk jobs in my gentrified town full of middle-class liberals.

They love cars, and they love to rush around hurriedly.

And drink beer.

They do not love disheveled, unkempt, old ladies like me. I feel that they don't think I belong in "their" city.(Perhaps it is uncharitable to say that?) I have to go to Confession anyway, but I would like to attend Mass today. So, because of a sin I committed a few weeks ago, so I won't get be truly practicing the Sacred Heart Devotion, but Mass is of infinite value, with or without the *B*O*D*Y of C*H*R*I*S*T* 

I think?

And hope?

The main thing for me:  I just wanted to get to Mass for that Sacred Heart Devotion on Friday, June 3, even though I knew I would not be qualified to receive the ~~~*B*O*D*Y of C*H*R*I*S*T* ~~~ due to my soul's lack of a state of grace. 

Well, it is not a sin to attend Mass without Communicating, but it is a sin to receive the ~~~*B*O*D*Y of C*H*R*I*S*T* ~~~ nunworthily.

A team of 200 priests comment on daily Gospel

Add caption




 






    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your comment.