Saturday, August 27, 2016

A North Side Story, pre - 1965.

When Troy Hill School was torn down, we had no non-Catholic school anymore on top of Troy Hill. We were only left with Most Holy Name of Jesus Elementary School. Our grades at Troy Hill went all the way up to the eighth. Junior high school picked up on the North Side, with Latimer Junior High.

I guess Junior High is like "middle school" is now, but not quite. Well, junior high consisted of sixth, seventh and eighth grades, but I think that middle school consists of fifth, sixth and seventh, although I'm not sure. I really don't know. I don't want to know, either. You may understand why I say that if or when you finish reading this post.

This is not the end. I have yet to finish this part. So, don't go away.

Troy Hill Elementary was the only grade school I attended after we moved into the house that my stepdad inherited from his great-aunt Lottie, who had raised him. Nobody ever seemed to know why Aunt Lottie had raised him.

His mom and dad and sister lived right across the street.

To be continued ------>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.